What’s the difference between antiperspirant and deodorant?
Antiperspirants are designed to reduce sweating while deodorants are designed to cover up the smell. What does this really mean? Let’s start with deodorant. Old Spice deodorant inhibits the odor causing bacteria that makes your sweat smell. On top of that, all Old Spice deodorants contain powerful scents that keep you smelling fresh.
Old Spice Antiperspirants contain similar deodorant technology, but also reduce sweating. As soon as you start to sweat, this activates the sweating protection to keep you feeling dry.
How is deodorant different than antiperspirant?
- Old Spice deodorant inhibits odor causing bacteria and is infused with the freshest scents known to man
- Old Spice antiperspirant has the same odor fighting protection as deodorant, but also helps fight sweat.
When should I use deodorant or antiperspirant?
- Use deodorant if you want to smell fresh, but don’t mind the wetness
- Use antiperspirant if you want to smell fresh and feel dry
OK, now that we’ve covered the science, you’re still probably wondering how to pick which option is right for you. We’ve got you covered with these 5 suggestions.
- For super sweaty men
For our strongest and longest-lasting protection, try Pure Sport Sweat Defense Antiperspirant. It and contains the fresh, model-pleasing scent of victory.
- For an antiperspirant that’s gentle on skin
Sometimes, our skin needs some extra TLC. Treat it right with Wilderness with Lavender Antiperspirant. It’s forged with real ingredients to keep you feeling dry and smelling fresh.
- For an antiperspirant spray with a clean scent
Grab yourself a can of Captain Antiperspirant Dry Spray for odor protection that goes on dry and provides ridiculously long-lasting freshness.
- For a deodorant with a cologne-like scent
The Swagger Deodorant in our Red Collection delivers a powerful scent that you can depend on no matter what activity you do. In fact, it’s the No. 1 Recommended Odor Fighter.
- For a deodorant with nature-inspired ingredients
The Fiji with Palm Tree Deodorant smells like an island vacation and is forged with real ingredients. This aluminum-free deodorant destroys underarm odor for up to 48 hours.